Question about Navicat and website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Navicat and website

Hi so recently I changed the password for my websites server. But when I went into Navicat, it was still able to access my websites database. I have workers that helped me develop the site, so they have access to the Navicat. However now I just want myself to have exclusive access to the database because it has sensitive info in it.

So how come changing the password for hosting still allow Navicat to access the site? Thanks and yes I am not good with web development.

Please open Navicat and connect to your server. Click the User icon in the main window and check the user accounts in your server.

Comment

Originally posted by mayho View Post
      Please open Navicat and connect to your server. Click the User icon in the main window and check the user accounts in your server.
      Yes there are several accounts when I click 'user'. I would like it so that only myself can access the database.

Comment

You can change the password of other user accounts.Then, they will be unable connect to your server.

Comment

Originally posted by mayho View Post
          You can change the password of other user accounts.Then, they will be unable connect to your server.
          But I don't know which is my account and which is other users. It automatically gives me access when i open Navicat. Also how come navicat still works after I've changed the ssh password?
          Last edited by Tiger123; 08-02-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Could you please provide the following information for investigation? You can send to our support center - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1. Your Navicat version, e.g. Navicat for MySQL (Windows) 11.2.11
            2. Your server version, e.g. MySQL 5.5
            3. Do you mean you can still use the old SSH user login password to connect your server in Navicat?

Comment

3.) yes, i am wondering why after I changed the ssh user login password, I can still connect with Navicat. Thanks so much for helping me!

Comment

Would you please send the following information to our support center - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1.Your conenction information. In Navicat, right-click your connection and choose Connection Information > Copy To Clipboard. Then, paste the content to the support ticket.
                2. Please try to remove the password in the SSH tab in Navicat to see if your can connect using Navicat.
                3. Also, please check your SSH server to see whether you can login with the old password.

Comment

I've some how just deleted all the users under 'users' and tried logging back in. Now not only can I not get back in, but my site goes to an error code when I try to log in to admin panel.

Comment

The user accounts listed in the Users panel are the database server login accounts. If you deleted all users there accidentally, we would suggest you to contact your server administrator or hosting company for this issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X