features of data modeling missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• features of data modeling missing?

When I've done data modeling in the past, these features were fairly standard and important. Does NDM have them, and if so, how are they enabled? Or is there a more advanced version of the product I could purchase?

1. Normally I would create a conceptual model, which is then translated to it's logical version, then translated to it's physical version, but all 3 of these coexist through the lifecycle of a model. So when I add or change new concepts, those changes are done in the single model that has all 3 'views'. It looks like NDM requires you to convert from one of these to another and then that's saved as a separate model. Is there a way to have all 3 views in the same model?

2. Are there tools for enforcing / defining naming standards? I don't see any.

3. Are there tools for a business glossary or master data management? I don't see any.

Thanks.
    Paul

I am sorry that Navicat Data Modeler does not support your meniotned features. Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat Data Modeler in future. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Working...
    X