Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profiling in Navicat throws "[Err] 1055" for every query starting with MySQL 5.7.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profiling in Navicat throws "[Err] 1055" for every query starting with MySQL 5.7.5

Hello,

Today I upgraded to MySQL 5.7.15. What I'm about to describe seems to happen since MySQL 5.7.5.

I'm also using:
    - Navicat 11.2.11
    - Ubuntu 6.04.1 64 bits (MySQL running there)

Well, every time that I run a query, I get the following warning/error:

"[Err] 1055/Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'information_schema.PROFILING.SEQ' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by"

It seems that the profiling is the action that causes this message, not the query itself. In fact, the query works after that.
    I have done some research, and I learned that since MySQL 5.7.15 there is a new default in the way GROUP BY works. It seems that the way Navicat performs the profiling is not compliant with this new behaviour.

What is the solution for this?

Hi BrianBraun,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. We are able to identify the problem and our development team is trying to fix it. We sincerely hope the next version will be published together with the bug-fixing. We will contact you if any news.

Comment

Hi BrianBraun,

We are glad to tell you that Navicat (Linux) version 11.2.12 has been released and fixed your reported problem. Please upgrade to this latest version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

https://customer.navicat.com

Or, you can simply choose Help -> Check For Updates from the menu bar.

Comment

Working...
      X