Replace string in database?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace string in database?

Hi folks. I have a wordpress site that was hacked. It is in the images / media descriptions with strings like: <a style="text-decoration:none" href=".*".*a>
    Navicat finds 729 posts with this regex. How can I do a find and replace this string with nothing? I'm a regex and query newbie, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    There is a search and replace function for posts with a plugin but when I ran the query, it replaced the string with <> instead of nothing. I guess I did not properly escape the string. But in any case, it will not search through the images and media table.

TIA!
    Jeff

I am sorry that Navicat does not support replace feature in the whole database. Currently, it only allow find and replace data in a table. Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

what about my question for a specific table? I can find the tables with the offending text in it... I would need instruction on a replace feature for the affected tables.. Please!

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Would you please provide us the following information? You can send the information to our support center - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1. Sample table sql file. Right-click your table and choose Dump SQL File > Structure And Data
        2. The strings that you want to replace and replace with.

Comment

Working...
        X