MySQL version 12 MacOS Sierra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL version 12 MacOS Sierra

Having upgraded to 12 from 11 a few days ago I've decided to revert back to 11, the problems with 12 include:

it is very, very slow which I find odd as one of the new "features" was a faster engine?

editing any record on a remote DB in 11 was immediate on 12 it take minutes as the cursor whirls away

secluding plain just doesn't work

it crashes for no repeatable reason

keyboard commands such as cmd. (and many others) which used to disconnect no longer function

pervious working SSH connections fail

and quite a bit more, it's very disappointing and I'll think I'l wait for the bugs to be ironed-out as it's frankly unusable...

Peter

I installed version 12 one day before going on holiday for two weeks, came back to find out the automated backups all crashed during my vacation, a lot of http tunneling connections don't work anymore. The Export Tunnel Script doesn't work etc etc. This is a disappointing piece of (untested) garbage, I haven't seen a version that's been so bad during 10 years of Navicat use. And what frightens me most is that this version is already at 12.0.7. What did you do Peter? I want to revert to version 11, did you do that too and did you have any issues reverting? Did you open a support ticket like I did? It is important to let Navicat now they are on the wrong track here. I use a lot of software to do my work but I have seldom seen so many bugs in a new version of a good working version. And yes I understand that a new version always introduces some (minor) bugs. But now complete parts of the functions don't work anymore.

Backing up databases crashes Navicat repeatedly ...
    Last edited by detlevski; 07-05-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

in addition:

1) export import of connections - not save groups ... ok, but it not easy to sort 130 connections again
      2) ok, 130 connections - it is historic for couple of years, so ok - it good time for delete something (but still - 62 active) - but navicat never allow select few connections and move/delete them - again pain
      3) but it not all - after restart it lost half of groups ... :-)
      4) code completion - not work. tables names not showing, columns not showing
      5) queries - not save (it ask, but nothing saved after)
      6) external editor do not start

I of course not delete 11, so it look like early alfa preview but not final product. Fresh looks, many interesting new features ... but most of them - not work now
      Last edited by a_vlad; 07-14-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Hi peterl38, detlevski and a_vlad ,

Please upgrade to the latest version 12.0.9 to see if it can solve the reported problem.

If you want to report bugs or issues when using Navicat, the best way is sending tickets to our support center - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new . And, we will get back to you by email.

Comment

Hi Mayho,

of course all described above was about 12.0.9

Comment

I have similiar issues with Navicat 12.0.10 running on Linux.

1) ssh tunnellling is broken. It works for some existing connections but not for others. This seems completely random. For the ones it doesn't work with, it produces the error : "Unable to load key". Why? The key location or file hasn't changed at all. I can't add new connections as they all get the "Unable to load key" error.

2) Random crashes occur frequently

3) Code completion under Linux is awful. It is so slow at looking anything up that I have turned it off completely. For example, I open a query and type 'S' and the code completion dialogue opens but is blank. It remains blank for 3 - 5 seconds. It does get better but this shouldn't happen. Code completion works fine under Windows.

4) Opening the first query window after opening Navicat takes ages regardless of how long Navicat has been running.

5) Backups crash reasonably often.

Comment

Hi thrashcardiom

We have received your ticket, and will get back to you by email after investigation.

Comment

- Code completion - not work (not MySQL not Premium version) - it suggest functions, but not columns, tables
                - object tree in query editor (SQL) show only current schema. With not working 1 it serious issue
                - Premium Essentials lost purchase history every restart

Comment

Hi a_vlad,

Please provide us the following information for investigation. You can send the information to our support center - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new .

1. Could you please provide us screenshots showing the code completion issue and the object tree issue?

2. What is the size of you server / database?

3. Do you mean the In-app purchases did not stay activated after restart?

Comment

Originally posted by thrashcardiom View Post
                    I have similiar issues with Navicat 12.0.10 running on Linux.

1) ssh tunnellling is broken. It works for some existing connections but not for others. This seems completely random. For the ones it doesn't work with, it produces the error : "Unable to load key". Why? The key location or file hasn't changed at all. I can't add new connections as they all get the "Unable to load key" error.

2) Random crashes occur frequently

3) Code completion under Linux is awful. It is so slow at looking anything up that I have turned it off completely. For example, I open a query and type 'S' and the code completion dialogue opens but is blank. It remains blank for 3 - 5 seconds. It does get better but this shouldn't happen. Code completion works fine under Windows.

4) Opening the first query window after opening Navicat takes ages regardless of how long Navicat has been running.

5) Backups crash reasonably often.

I have downloaded 12.0.11 and it is much improved. Code completion is working well. I can create new .ssh tunnels without error. However existing connections that had the key issue still have the issue. As I can now create new ones, this isn't such a problem though.

The Query window is much faster to open for the first time on starting Navicat.

Time will tell about the random crashes and backup crashes.

Thank you for the update.

Comment

Hi thrashcardiom,

We will reply your ticket by email. I am very sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Comment

Working...
                      X