Importing data issues with Navicat 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing data issues with Navicat 12

I've been over this with support and so far they haven't really been helpful. If you're considering an upgrade to 12, here's a nasty surprise I found.

1. We have hundreds of saved imports that we regularly use. With Navicat 12, when you click on a Saved Import it automatically looks for the last file and takes 10 seconds to pop up a generic "No such file or directory" error. In all previous versions the Saved Import opened immediately and you could browse for the file. Seems like an easy fix to not automatically look for the last file and instead revert behavior. Also note, that even if you go through and re-set up a saved import and do not move or rename the file, it still takes 10-15 seconds to open the Saved Import - even if the file is in the place it was when saved.

2. More important though - all of the data mappings in the Saved Imports are gone. So Target Table and then all of the column mappings to import the data do not transfer over from previous versions and need to be re-saved in v.12. So far every file type I've tried - CSV, XLS, XLSX and fixed-width text - need to be completely redone in v12 (which I'm not prepared to do).

Navicat support had me send them the saved import files, but then asked for our data files (which we cannot share). Not sure why they're putting the onus back on me. I was able to create a dummy import CSV file in 11, set it to go to a temporary table, save it and test it - and then have it fail in v12. This should be easy for Navicat staff to recreate.

Hi Steve Logan,

For the import wizard slow issue, we will fix it in the next version. We will send you the update when it is ready.

For the mapping issue, our development team is investigating on it. We will contact you if there is any news.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Comment

Originally posted by mayho View Post
      For the import wizard slow issue, we will fix it in the next version. We will send you the update when it is ready.
      I can confirm that the slow import hang up was fixed in the latest release.

Comment

Working...
      X