Blank columns in spreadsheet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank columns in spreadsheet

When I print a report to an Excel spreadsheet some, but not all, of my data columns are separated by blank columns. I've tried playing with the field widths in the report designer, but no luck.... Why are there blank columns and is there a way to eliminate them without having to do it secondarily in the spreadsheet?

Thanks,
    Scott

Hi ScottBadger,

We would like your assistance to identify the problem. Please provide the following information. You can send the information to - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1. Your Navicat version, e.g. Navicat for MySQL (Windows) 12.0.29

2. Your server version, e.g. MySQL 5.6

3. The report file. All reports (.rtm) are stored within the database / schema name subfolder under Settings Location. (To look for the path, right-click the connection and choose Edit Connection > Advanced > Settings Location.)

4. The sql file of your tables which you employed to build your report. Sample data will be fine as long as it reproduces the same problem. To do this, in Navicat, right-click the specific table and choose Dump SQL File > Structure And Data.

5. The excel file.

Comment

Hi Mayho,

I just tried sending the files and info you asked for via the form you provided, but I'm not sure it submitted properly.....the submit button is grayed out, but nothing seems to be happening. Note that one of the 3 table files (mage_sales_order_item) may not have fully uploaded to the form since the progress bar got to the end, but then stopped and didn't disappear. Maybe the size of the table file is too large? If that's the case, I'm not sure what I need to do to provide just sample data to make the file smaller, can you help me with that? Or, should I submit the other files and tables on one form and submit the largest table file separately on second form?

Also, I was a little unclear as to what you're looking for with the report file (line# 3 above).... I attached a copy to the form, but let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
      Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

I am sorry that we are unable to receive your ticket. If the files are too large, you may be unable to submit the ticket. Could you please upload the files to your server and send the download link to us in the ticket?

For the #3 report file, could you please provide your report (the report that you try to print) to us? All reports (.rtm) are stored within subfolders (named with your database/schema names) under Settings Location. (To look for the path, right-click the connection and choose Edit Connection > Advanced > Settings Location.)

Comment

Hi Mayho,

I just submitted the ticket and put the files in Dropbox.

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

Thanks. We will reply your ticket by email.

Comment

Hi Mayho,

Any movement on this?

Thanks,
              Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

Our development team is still investigating the reported problem. If there is any news, we will contact you by email.

We are sorry for the inconveniences caused.

Comment

Working...
                X