Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navicat MySQL Error 1405: Access Denied for user?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navicat MySQL Error 1405: Access Denied for user?

I am trying to connect to my friends MySQL thing through navicat.
    he's using navicat and created an account for me w/ full privileges and for some reason when I try and connect I get the error message
    "1405 - Access Denied for user 'tyler'@'h##-###-###-###.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx... (using password: (Happens either way))"
    Please provide an in-depth solution for this! like for cpanel whatever that is, say how to start it and what not and what he should do. (He's on a vista) And this isn't a firewall problem.. this is the error I get when his firewall's off.

Regarding the error "1045 Access denied....", it's returned by MySQL server indicating the user account from the IP address (client device) has no enough privilege to access the remote MySQL server. We would suggest you to consult with your network administrator or you can configure the MySQL privilege system.

Steps :
    You can run the following command in your MySQL server command prompt. Please consult with your database administrator as they usually will have administration right to set the privilege.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'tyler'@'h##-###-###-###.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' IDENTIFIED BY "YourPassword";

or

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'tyler'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY "YourPassword";

For more information, you can refer to - https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7...onnecting.html

Comment

Working...
    X