Restore backup to different server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore backup to different server

I have a MySQL 5.7 server that seems to be dying. I have Navicat backups of the MySQL databases and am wondering how I can restore these to a new server.
    Hopefully a simple answer but any help would be appreciated.

Hi mjfunnell,

Could you please provide your Navicat version? e.g. Navicat for MySQL (Windows) 12.1.20

Comment

It is 12.1.20 but backups were last done just over a week ago and I think that there have been a couple of Navicat updates since then. I am hoping that it will just be a case of changing the Navicat connection details to any new server and then restoring the backups. Also would it matter if the new server was running MySQL version 8 rather than version 5.7 as on the old server?

Comment

And yes it is Navicat for Windows.

Comment

To restore the backup file in another server, please try the following steps:

1. Create a new connection to your new server.
          2. Open a database in your new server and click Backup.
          3. Right-click anywhere and select Restore Backup from.
          4. Browse to the backup file. The backup file is inside a database folder under the Settings Location. To look for the path, right-click your MySQL 5.7 connection and choose Edit Connection > Advanced tab.)
          5. A Restore backup window pops up, choose the restore options and click Start.

Comment

Working...
          X