All of my Queries are missing - locally, live, and an my Amazon Cloud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of my Queries are missing - locally, live, and an my Amazon Cloud

I was accessing my databases this morning and went to run a query and they're all gone. My queries are blank for every database - locally, live, and on my Amazon Cloud backup database. Is this just a hiccup? I've never had them disappear on me, and it's been over 5 years of using the program.

Scott.

Navicat stores query files inside a folder (with name in line with respective database) under Settings Location. To look for the path, right-click the connection and choose Connection Properties > Advanced > Settings Location. Did you change the Settings Location recently?

Comment

I just had something similar happen. I went to open a query and it appears that all of my queries are gone. The only thing I’ve done since using one of the queries yesterday afternoon is this morning I closed the connection so that I could look at the connection properties and then I re-opened the connection. I did not change any of the settings. In any case, I’m able to recover the queries via File/Open Recent but I wanted to know what happened so that I don’t accidentally lose any queries in the future.

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

Please check if the "Settings Location" under the "Advanced" tab of the Connection window is accidentally changed.

e.g.

If the Settings Location path is

Code:
        C:\Users\your_username\Documents\Navicat\MySQL\servers\connection_name
        The queries file should be put in

Code:
        C:\Users\your_username\Documents\Navicat\MySQL\servers\connection_name\database_name

Comment

Hi Mayho,

I don't believe anything was changed (see attached) FWIW, to look at "Settings Location" via "Edit Connection I had to close the connection like I did yesterday, but when I re-opened the connection today, the queries were still there.... Not sure what, if anything, differed between yesterday and today in closing and re-opening the connection.

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

Sorry...forgot to attach.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi ScottBadger,

Is the Setting Location point to a network drive? If yes, it may be because of the connection issue of the drive.

Comment

Working...
              X