Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ImportWizard Access>Oracle doesn't import def. constraint,autonumber and description

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImportWizard Access>Oracle doesn't import def. constraint,autonumber and description

-When you use the Import Wizard on a Access database (tested with .accdb) and you have a table with field(s) which have a DEFAULT value/constraint it doesn't get imported.
    I have attached a example database zipped and a screenshot showing the "default value" field in Access (red box).

-Also Autonumber fields (ID field) are not converted to an Oracle sequence and trigger (see also example database):
    Code:
    CREATE SEQUENCE "DOMINOS"."BESTELLING_COUPON_SEQ"
    INCREMENT BY 1
    MINVALUE 1
    MAXVALUE 9999999999999999999999999999
    START WITH 8
    CACHE 20;

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER "DOMINOS"."BESTELLING_COUPON_AI_TRIG"
    BEFORE INSERT ON "DOMINOS"."BESTELLING_COUPON"
    REFERENCING OLD AS "OLD" NEW AS "NEW" FOR EACH ROW ENABLE
    BEGIN
    SELECT BESTELLING_COUPON_SEQ.nextval
    INTO :new.ID
    FROM dual;
    END;
    -Furthermore the description/comments column of each field in Access doesn't get imported/converted.

All other constraints work beautifully as far as I have seen and tested.

Edit: can't see the .zip attachment in non-edit mode. Posting an link to the access database to be sure: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...DetailTest.zip

gr Jan Oonk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JanOonk; 07-16-2014, 07:07 PM.

Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving our Navicat in the future. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by siuha View Post
      Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving our Navicat in the future. Thank you for your advice.
      Thanks... hope you also forward my other bugreport, see my other post https://community.navicat.com/forum/...nts-of-columns

Comment

Working...
      X