possible to DELETE CASCADE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible to DELETE CASCADE?

Is it possible for a query to delete a record and all of its foreign-key dependents?
    In native pgAdmin3 we have Drop Cascaded option

We are sorry that Navicat does not support your mentioned feature. Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving our Navicat in the future. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

I, too, would really like to see a "DROP CASCADED..." option in Navicat for PostgreSQL. It has been almost two years since the original poster requested this feature, and as of Navicat 11.2.9, the feature still has not been implemented.

The lack of this capability has forced me to keep pgAdmin III installed, just so I can use it to drop with cascading. Given how thorough PostgreSQL is with regard to data integrity, the absence of this feature creates a lot of extra work for me and my team.

Candidly, this feature does not seem difficult to implement, given that PostgreSQL already includes the ability to do this natively with
      Code:
      DROP SCHEMA ... [CASCADE]
      and
      Code:
      DROP TABLE ... [CASCADE]
      . It's hard to believe that a premium product like Navicat lacks this ability when the cost-free pgAdmin includes it.

Please implement this feature. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Comment

Hi cbj4074,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider to implement it in the future version. I will contact you when any progress is made.

Comment

Working...
        X