Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Function with RETURN TABLE

Hi

I have raised a support ticket already but hoping that someone here can show me a workaround.

I have used a script to create a function as follows:

CREATE FUNCTION type_main_get(IN type_def_id integer)
    RETURNS TABLE(seqid integer, localid integer, typename character varying) AS $$.........

This works fine.

Now I goto edit the function. Only the body is shown, not the return the table structure. Even if I look at the DDL I get:

CREATE FUNCTION "public"."org_master_get"(IN org_type_id int4)
    RETURNS SETOF "pg_catalog"."record" AS $BODY$

How I am supposed to see what the returned field names are, and how am I meant to modify them. I cannot see this info anywhere. In PgAdmin its fine.

Thx

Z

We are sorry that Navicat is not able to do this at the moment. Our development team will investigate way to improve it in the future. We will contact you when there is any progress.

Comment

I second this support ticket. Writing functions that return tables is a very quick+easy way to design a function that can be used in lateral table calculations.
      Hope you guys find time to improve this.

Comment

Hi Thorsteinn Adalsteinsson,

We will try to improve this situation in future version and will contact you if any news. Thanks.

Comment

Hi All,

We have improved the PostgreSQL Function Designer in Navicat Windows version 11.2 . Please upgrade or download this version to try.

Comment

Working...
          X