Navicat PL/pgSQL Debugger on MAC throws "SQL is not a valid PL/SQL block"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navicat PL/pgSQL Debugger on MAC throws "SQL is not a valid PL/SQL block"

According to the feature matrix PostgreSQL Navicat 11.2.11 Standard for MAC comes with Debugger, and that's actually why I bought it. But it seems like the product comes with Oracle PL/SQL debugger instead of PL/pgSQL.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I need to install something extra on the database side or something like that... Any help is really appreciated.

Please note that the PL/PGSQL Debugger is available in the PostgreSQL Function editor. You can debug a function when editing the it.

Comment

Originally posted by mayho View Post
      Please note that the PL/PGSQL Debugger is available in the PostgreSQL Function editor. You can debug a function when editing the it.

Hi mayho,

I've just tried to edit a function: yes, "Debug" button is over there, but it's not clickable; all I can do in the function editor is edit, execute and save.

Comment

Please install pldbgapi extensions before using the PL/PGSQL Debugger, and the language of the function must be "plpgsql".

Comment

Originally posted by mayho View Post
          Please install pldbgapi extensions before using the PL/PGSQL Debugger, and the language of the function must be "plpgsql".
          Excellent! That's what I was asking about. Now it works. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X