• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error editing data in JSON format (grid), copy as update sql

Hi, I have table defined as:

CREATE TABLE "files" (
    "id" int8 NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('files_id_seq'::regclass),
    "data" json,
    "lang" varchar(3) COLLATE "pg_catalog"."default" DEFAULT 'A'::character varying,
    "lastmodifieddate" int8 DEFAULT transaction_timestamp_linux_int(),
    "state" int2 DEFAULT 1
    );

there is no primary index, but unique index id + lang.

Now when I try to edit in grid or "Copy as update statement" I get following error:

ERROR: operator does not exist: json = unknown
    HINT: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.

Problem is, Navicat not knowing primary index generates

UPDATE "files" SET "id" = 32915, "data" = '{"no":101,"name":"2016","filename":"TAA8676A6"} ', "lang" = 'A', "lastmodifieddate" = 14796262832059, "state" = 1 WHERE "id" = 32915 AND "data" = '{"no":101,"name":"2016","filename":"TAA8676A6"} ' AND "lang" = 'A' AND "lastmodifieddate" = 14796262832059 AND "state" = 1;

simple type cast in where clausule when json (jsonb suppose too) data type detected would solve the problem:

UPDATE "files" SET "id" = 32915, "data" = '{"no":101,"name":"2016","filename":"TAA8676A6"} ', "lang" = 'A', "lastmodifieddate" = 14796262832059, "state" = 1 WHERE "id" = 32915 AND "data" ::text = '{"no":101,"name":"2016","filename":"TAA8676A6"} ' AND "lang" = 'A' AND "lastmodifieddate" = 14796262832059 AND "state" = 1;

Hi mapes,

​​​​​​​We are able to identify the problem and our development team is trying to fix it. We will contact you after the bug is fixed.

Comment

Hi mapes,

We are glad to tell you that Navicat version 12.0.19 has been released and fixed your reported problem. Please upgrade to this latest version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

https://customer.navicat.com

Or, you can simply choose Help -> Check for Updates from the menu bar.

Comment

• mapes
        mapes commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Thank you.
        I can confirm v 12.0.19 works well.

But now I have found similar problem: when sorting by column with json data (click on header) following error occures:
        could not identify an ordering operator for type json.

Again can be solved by SELECT * FROM "files" order by data ::varchar.

So If you can include this in next version....

Hi mapes,

We are able to identify the problem and our development team is trying to fix it. We will contact you after the bug is fixed.

Comment

Hi mapes,

We are glad to tell you that Navicat version 12.0.20 has been released and fixed your reported problem. Please upgrade to this latest version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

https://customer.navicat.com

Or, you can simply choose Help -> Check for Updates from the menu bar.

Comment

Working...
        X