Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTICE and WARNING messages in Navicat

Hello,

Our lab is planning to use Navicat for our specimen database, because of its user friendly interface. I am currently trying out the trial version on Linux. I have some custom postgresql trigger functions that raise notices and warning on particular operations. Although these show up as expected on a client interface like psql, I do not know how to show them in Navicat as pop-up windows (like EXCEPTIONS do). I have tried to search in the online manual but I could not find a way to do so. Is this not available as a feature in the trial versions? Or this is an issue of using the Linux versions. If not, is there another way to do this?

Eventually, we would like to licensed versions on Windows and Mac, as well.

Thank you

Would you possible provide us screenshot with example to show your question?

Comment

Okay, I have attached two screenshots. Before I explain the screenshots, note that I have two functions: one raises a warning when a column in a specific table is updated; the other raises an exception when the wrong date format is inputted.

The first screenshot shows the WARNING and the ERROR (or EXCEPTION in Postgresql functions) messages from the two functions that are received on the psql interface.

The second screenshot shows the ERROR message from the second fucntion that is received on the Navicat interface.

My issue is that Navicat does not show the WARNING message for the first function like it shows the ERROR message. If there was a way to show that as a screenshot, I would, but there is nothing to show since there is no warning message.

Is there a way to show WARNING messages in Navicat?

Comment

We are sorry that Navicat does not support your mentioned feature. Your request has been forwarded to our development team.

Comment

Originally posted by siuha View Post
          We are sorry that Navicat does not support your mentioned feature. Your request has been forwarded to our development team.
          is there any update for this issue? we need it.

Comment

Your idea is already in our development list. However, we are very sorry that we could not provide any time frame at this moment. However, for sure we will contact you if there is any progress made.

Comment

Any updates? It's been more than two years since the request was forwarded to the development team.

Comment

Hi nnarula,

We will try to improve it in the next release. I will contact you when it is ready.

Comment

Hi nnarula,

We are glad to tell you that Navicat for PostgreSQL (Linux) version 11.2.11 has been released and supports to list PostgreSQL warning and notice messages in History Log (In Navicat main menu, choose Tools > History Log). Please upgrade to this latest version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

https://customer.navicat.com

Or, you can simply choose Help -> Check For Updates from the menu bar.

Comment

Hello,

where I can see notices and warnings in Navicat for MacOS? I do not see it in log.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi alexsam,

Please note that Navicat v12 does not support it at this moment. I will contact you if there is any news.

Comment

Working...
                      X