Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning on permissions for groups (Navicat 12 & PostgreSQL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning on permissions for groups (Navicat 12 & PostgreSQL)

Hi. Using Navicat 12.0.20 Premium for PostgreSQL, running db for our Shiny apps (R).
    Deployed one app and got error:
    RS-DBI driver: (could not Retrieve the result : ERROR: permission denied for relation view_reporting_quarterly_timeseries)
    My supervisor asked me to "turn on all permissions for two specific groups".
    Tried multiple options, was looking primarily in "Role". Asked two other people who are much more experienced with db, not not Navicat. We did not fix it so far.
    Happy to provide any printscreens if necessary.

Thanks
    O

Hi oleksiya,

Please check whether your user account has enough privileges to access that object. You can click the Role icon in the main window, select your role and click Edit Role.

Comment

Thanks, I did this. I am not the main admin though, I played with Role A LOT, but still did not figure it out. When I click Role, I see a list of objects. I tried to to play with Edit Server Role for these Objects, primarily Privileges, but still cannot find an intuitive way to fix it.

Comment

For the PostgreSQL Role Privileges, you can refer to - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/...ser-manag.html

Comment

Working...
        X