Navicat Premium crashes and won't start on Windows 8.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navicat Premium crashes and won't start on Windows 8.1

Entry point in MSVCP110.dll not found and sshmgr.dll missing? is there a fix for this problem, I am using the latest Navicat Premium in demo mode.

Please try to download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downl....aspx?id=30679

Reboot your machine. You can also try to re-install Navicat.

Comment

This corrected the problem.

Comment

I had same issue and this solution fixed it, BUT only temporary - today I tried to run Navicat again and I had to download this again - any idea, how to avoid reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable every couple of days to run Navicat?

Comment

I am sorry for my late reply. Would you first tell us the exactly version number of your Navicat (e.g. Navicat for MySQL (Windows) 32-bit version 11.1.6) and the Windows version (e.g. 64-bit Windows 8 ) you are currently using?

Comment

Hi,
            I have Navicat for MySQL and Navicat for PostgreSQL - both same version 11.1.8 (64bit). My operating system is Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Please provide us information as follows:

1.is the problem fixed after re-install Visual C++ Redistributable?
              2.is the problem appear again after a couple of days? is the period consistent?
              3.during the period, have you re-install Navicat?
              4.try to install Navicat outside "Program Files" folder.
              5.provide screenshots for the error messages

Comment

Hello,
                here are answers:
                1. No, problem occurs again after some period (maybe after every upgrade? Not sure)
                2. Yes, I reinstalled C++ Redistributable already approx. 5 times
                3. No, only regular updates if available
                4. Ok, I will try
                5. Screenshots are attached

Comment

Please upgrade to our latest version 11.1.9 to see it can solve your problem.

Comment

Well, I have already had 11.1.9 and I installed C++ Redistributable this morning again, when I needed change something in the production database
                    I am already keeping its (C++) installation file on the desktop, because I already got tired of downloading it over and over again
                    I hope, that you guys will find solution for this, good luck on it!

Comment

We are sorry to hear of the unpleasant experience you have encountered. Our development team will investigate your issue and contact you if there is any news.

Comment

Great, thank you for your feedback, I will look forward for any updates/fixes.

Comment

Hello, issue has been resolved, but it started occuring again after I upgraded windows to version 10 any ideas, how to solve it please, instead of reinstalling c++ again all the time?
                          Issue is related to both application I have: Navicat for MySQL and PostgreSQL (both 11.1.13 x64).

Comment

Hi iguana007,

Your reported issue has been forwarded to our development team and this matter has received our best attention. However, I am sorry to tell you that we are unable to reproduce the problem in our office. Our development team will keep investigating on the reported issue. We will contact you if any progress is made.

Comment

Thank you. If you would need any technical data from me, please let me know. This issue is really annoying - I reinstalled c++ 3 times already in the past few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X