Default Field Types

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Field Types

I'm using Navicat Premium 11.2.x primarily to build MariaDB databases, although my question applies equally to PostgreSQL and MySQL databases. Navicat does an outstanding job guessing the correct field type based on the field name. In some cases, however, I'd like it to do a little something differently. For instance, with fields named created_at and updated_at, I'd like them to always be timestamp fields, not datetime fields, and it always wants to make created_by and updated_by into varchar fields when I need them to be int fields (foreign key relation to a users table).

I've looked all over for a place where I can set options for those defaults and haven't been able to find a place to do so. I'm hoping that Navicat has exposed the options. Where can I find that place. It's such an excellent management tool, and the developers have thought of virtually everything! I hope they haven't left this one out.

I am sorry that there is no option for setting the default field type for prediction at this moment. Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

Working...
    X