Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navicat 12 - Import function does not auto-increment Identity column

Hi there,

In previous Navicat Premium versions you could just import a file that did not have the Identity column values and Navicat would just add and auto-increment by itself. However with version 12 (64-bit) the same import profile results in:
    [ERR] [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Explicit value must be specified for identity column in table 'tbl_slm_storage_metingen' either when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to ON or when a replication user is inserting into a NOT FOR REPLICATION identity column. (545)

But IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF and NOT FOR REPLICATION is disabled!

Does the import feature of Navicat 12 automatically set IDENTITY_INSERT is set to ON for the duration of the import Import? And if so is that by design?

It is quite annoying. Now I either have to create and identity column in the import with the appropriate values or resort to Navicat 11 - 32-bit which is still also on my system.

Greetings, Eric

Hi Eric,

Our development team is investigating on the reported problem. We will contact you after investigation.

Comment

Hi there,

FYI: There was an update today, version 12.0.17 did not solve that problem.

Comment

Hi Eric,

Sorry. We are still investigating on the reported problem.

Comment

Hi Eric,

We are able to identify the problem and our development team is trying to fix it. We will contact you after the bug is fixed.

Comment

Hi Eric,

We are glad to tell you that Navicat Premium (Windows) version 12.0.19 has been released and fixed your reported problem. Please upgrade to this latest version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

https://customer.navicat.com

Or, you can simply choose Help -> Check for Updates from the menu bar.

Comment

Well I upgraded to the new version...but I cannot test is you solved the problem....because now I cannot connect at all to my databases with that version.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

We are able to identify the problem and our development team is trying to fix it. We will contact you after the bug is fixed.

Comment

Solved with version 12.0.19 and the patched libcc file!

Comment

Hi Eric,

We are glad to tell you that Navicat version 12.0.20 has been released and fixed your reported problem. Please upgrade to this latest version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

https://customer.navicat.com

Or, you can simply choose Help -> Check for Updates from the menu bar.

Comment

Working...
                    X