Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navicat Premium Essentials can't organize connections after upgrade from v11 to v12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navicat Premium Essentials can't organize connections after upgrade from v11 to v12

With Navicat PE 11 I could drag connections to re-order them. This allowed me to put related databases near each other. For example, I have a postgres database that we ETL to MySQL, so I want those two connections to be next to each other. After upgrading to v12 the connections are alphabetized by database type and I can't seem to influence this behavior. Is there a way to change this back to the way it was in v11 or a different method to group connections together?

Hi synseer,

I am sorry that Navicat 12 no longer supports rearranging connections. Now connections are always ordered by the connection server type and then by alphabetic orders. In order to organize the connections, we would recommend users to try using Virtual Group feature to group the connections. To create a group, simply control-click a connection and select Manage Group > New Group.

Comment

Hello Mayho,

How do create a group on Mac? I've tried the different key options with mouse click and still don't see how to create a virtual group for the connections.

Comment

Hi synseer,

I am sorry the virtual group feature only available in Navicat Premium.
        Essentials version does not support it.

Comment

Working...
        X