Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navigation Pane not working correctly....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Pane not working correctly....

Hi all,

I have Navicat Premium V12.1.8 running on Win 10. I have 2 folders set up in the Navigation Pane: 1 for a Windows system and 1 for Fedora/Linux system. the connections are created and working and I have attempted to move the connect links into their separate folders. 4 go into the Window folder and 4 into the Fedora folder (2 each for MariaDB and PostgreSQL go into each folder).

The problem shows up if I exit Navicat and restart it (or start it after the system boots). All 4 of the Fedora connections and 2 of the Windows connections show up outside of the folders I placed them in. I did check to see if there were any differences (i.e. any boxes/setting I could/should check) between the connections that are out of the folders and the 2 that remained. Nothing obvious.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this and if there is something I can do to fix it. I had been running V12.1.7 and it seemed to work fine.

Thanks and cheers.....

Hi stephr1,

We would like your assistance to identify the problem. Could you please provide us with the vgroup.json file? It is saved in the Profiles Location path. To look for the path, choose Tools > Options, and then select File Locations > Profiles Location.

You can submit the information to our support center - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comment

mayho

I appreciate your response. I went back and took a closer look at what was going on. I thought I had figured it out...that Navicat opened in the same state it closed in (tho, that doesn't explain why I had the 2 Fedora connections under the open Windows folder even after I thought I had put them back where they should have been). I also thought it might have been me misreading the Navigation pane.

Then this morning, I brought up Navicat a few times (specifically with either the Windows or Fedora folder open when I closed it) and that doesn't seem to be the case. Both connection folders are closed when I restart Navicat and the connections are all under the right folders, which is different from when I thought I had this problem.

So, everything seems to be working OK and now I don't have any idea what was happening. The only thing it might have been is Windows was having some problems with a couple of updates and maybe that had some odd effect on Navicat (tho, no real idea why).

Consider this solved (at least for the moment). I'll keep the support link handy in case this problem shows up again.

Also, it wasn't clear how to mark my original posting as "Solved" (tried to edit the subject but was not allowed to

Thanks again for the help....Cheers...

Originally posted by mayho View Post
      Hi stephr1,

We would like your assistance to identify the problem. Could you please provide us with the vgroup.json file? It is saved in the Profiles Location path. To look for the path, choose Tools > Options, and then select File Locations > Profiles Location.

You can submit the information to our support center - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
      Last edited by stephr1; 10-22-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X