Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying Query WITH Virtual Group to new Server Connection

Hello -

We are moving a (MSSQL) database to a new server. In this database, we have many saved queries that are organized and grouped within virtual groups. I know that the queries can be copied from one server to another but is there any way to copy the virtual group along with the contained queries to the new server?

As of now, I was going to create folders on my desktop to act as each virtual group to remember which group each query belongs to. Then, copy all the queries from each group in Navicat into the newly created folder on my desktop. Then I will need to create all new virtual groups on the new server connection in Navicat. Once the virtual groups are created on the new server in Navicat, I can copy the queries from the folders I created on my desktop and paste them back into the groups that I created in Navicat.

Is there a more efficient way of doing this? We have A LOT of queries and groups created and spent a lot of time to make sure they are organized.

Version:
    Navicat Premium 12.1.5

Thank you,
    Michael
    Last edited by msandberg; 01-10-2019, 06:33 PM. Reason: Added tags and Navicat version.

I am sorry that Navicat does not support your mentioned feature at this moment. Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future

Comment

Working...
    X