Running batch job with alternate user account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running batch job with alternate user account

Hi, My company forces us to log in with adm accounts that have a password that changes everyday. I log in with once account but need to run the batch as another account that doens't have a rotating password. When I create the batch and set it to use the alternate account it doesn't run. If I test the same batch with the account used to sign in it runs fines but using that account would only work until the password changes.

How can I run batches with difference user accounts?
    Thanks
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Could you please provide the version of your Navicat ? e.g. Navicat Premium (Windows) 12.1.16

Comment

Hi, Mayho,

The version I'm using is 11.2.16
      I'm working through the process of submitting a PO to purchase the newest version until that gets approved I need to use this version.
      Thanks
      Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

We would suggest you to download v12.1 trial version to see if it can fulfill you needs.

https://navicat.com/en/products

Comment

Mayho,

12.1 documention states that the batch job must be run by the same user that created the batch. I need a method to run batches as a different user.

https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/ar...does-not-work-

"Ensure the Windows account you are using to setup the schedule is the same as the account you used to create the batch job file in Navicat. If you are using different Windows account, then schedule will not being run successfully."

Comment

Hi Tim,

In order to run the batch job using another user account, please make sure that

1) the another user account has Windows System "Logon as a batch job" right (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...as-a-batch-job)

2) the Profiles Location and Settings Location paths are accessible by both accounts.
            - Profiles Location paths: In menu bar, choose Tools > Options, select File Locations
            - Settings Location paths: In main window, right-click your connection and select Edit Connection > Advanced tab

Comment

Hi Mayho,

Enabled "Logon as a batch job" for alternate user account (the user that the batches use).

Enabled access to setting location path show in Edit Connection -> Advanced tab
              Couldn't locate profile location path via menu bar Tools>Options>Select File Location <- Is this option available in 11.2.6?

Batches are still not working using the alternate user.

Please advise
              Thanks
              Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

That option is available in v12 .Please note that v11.2 does not support run batch job using another user. I would suggest you to download the v12.1 trial version to try - https://navicat.com/en/products

Comment

Mayho,
                  We purchased 12.1 and installed. Same issue, the batches won't run using an alternate account.
                  The alternate account has "Logon as a batch job" enabled and the alternate user has full control access to all profile paths.
                  This is a HUGE show stopper if we can't run batches.
                  Please advise.
                  Thanks
                  Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

We would like your assistance to identify the problem. Please provide the following information.

1. The Profiles Location path. To look for the path, please choose Tools > Options > Files Location.

2. Is the Profiles Location path in a network mapped drive?

3. The Settings Location path. To look for the path, please right-click your connection and choose Edit Connection > Advanced tab.

4. Is the Settings Location path in a network mapped drive?

5. Screenshots showing the General tab of your batch job in Navicat. (Right-click your batch job and select Design Batch Job)

6. The cmdline.log file that stored in C:\Users\your_username\Documents\Navicat\Premium\l ogs .

7. Please follow the steps below and provide us screenshots showing task schedule settings in Control Panel.
                    i) Go to Control Panel and open Task Scheduler.
                    ii) Select "Task Scheduler Library" on the left pane, and select the related task.
                    iii) Right-click the task and choose "Properties".
                    iv) Please provide us screenshots showing all tabs in the Properties window.

You can send the information to - https://help.navicat.com/hc/en-us/requests/new . We will get back to you by email.

Comment

Working...
                    X