Oracle Instant Client10 for Oracle 10g connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Instant Client10 for Oracle 10g connection

I'd love to hear from someone who has managed to get Oracle Instant Client working with Premium 12 on Mac OS.

I have Navicat Premium version 12 - 64bit on Mac OS and I can no longer connect to older Oracle 10g instances. The built in OCI package says Oracle version no longer supported.
    After reading a number of posts I have tried to use Oracle Instant Client but can't seem to get it working.

After installing Oracle Instant Client 64 bit (have tried 32bit as well) and changing the preferences DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the instant client path, I get an error "Oracle Library not loaded" when I test the connection.

I must be missing something.

The amazing people at NaviCat support came to my rescue.

This was the solution and it definitely worked

Please try the following steps to see if you can connect your server:

1. Download Oracle Instant Client version 11 - https://www.oracle.com/database/tech...downloads.html

2. In Navicat Premium's Preferences pane > "Environment" tab, specify the "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" to the path of the libclntsh.dylib.11.1 file
    e.g. /Users/USER1/Downloads/instantclient_11_2/libclntsh.dylib.11.1

3. Open Terminal app. Assuming Navicat Premium is installed in /Applications folder, in Terminal, type
    DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path_of_instantclient_folder> /Applications/Navicat\ Premium.app/Contents/MacOS/Navicat\ Premium
    e.g. in the above example, it is
    DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/USER1/Downloads/instantclient_11_2 /Applications/Navicat\ Premium.app/Contents/MacOS/Navicat\ Premium

4. The above command will launch Navicat Premium, please try to connect your server

Comment

Working...
    X