Data grid copy option: With column headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data grid copy option: With column headers

Navicat allows copy data from a data-grid view of the data, for example in a Query Editor Result tab. I see there are right-click options to Copy and Copy As:

-- as tab-delimited text (default): works well for pasting to Excel
    -- INSERT statement
    -- UPDATE statement

I would like to request that there be an additional tab-delimited text option: Same format, but include the row of column headers (ie: usually the field names).

This way, after pasting to Excel, identifying the columns ss much easier and more reliable.

Thanks,

-- Graham

Your request is already in our development list. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

Hi Graham,

I am glad to tell you that Navicat (Windows) version 11.1.8 has been released and included the request of copying field names. Please upgrade to this version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

https://customer.navicat.com

Comment

Hi Mayho,

I've got the Mac version of Navicat and I'm still on 11.1.8 and hoping for this feature as well. Can you post here once the mac version has this capability?

Thanks

Comment

Hi bmangel,

Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will consider your suggestion in future version. I will let you know when it is ready.

Comment

We are glad to tell you that Navicat (Mac) version 11.1.8 has been released and included the request of copying field names. Please upgrade to this version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

Comment

I upgraded to 11.1.8 (Mac) version. How do I copy/paste results from the grid and include the column headers?
              I don't see a right click option and there isn't one from the menu either.
              Please advise
              Thanks

Comment

Control-click the columns/selected records in the grid and select Copy As -> Tab Separated Values (Field Name only).

Comment

Control-click doesn't show anything.
                  Running Yosemite 10.10.1

Comment

Please refer to the screenshot attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am trying to copy from query results, not viewing a table in a tab.
                      Try running a query and doing right click from there.
                      No right click menu for Mac OSX 10.10.1 and Navicat 11.1.8 Enterprise.

Comment

We will add the copy field name feature for query result also in the next version. We will contact you if there is any news.

Comment

We are glad to tell you that Navicat (Mac) version 11.1.9 has been released and included the request of copying field names in query result. Please upgrade to this version - submit your registered email address on the Customer Center at:

Comment

I am a noob trying to copy the results of a query to use in another query which is not an insert or an update. I would like to select a single column of the data and paste that column of data into another query. Each time I do this I have to add single quotes and commas before and after each time I use the data in a new query, sometimes a couple of hundred fields. Example of a copy tab separated data only:

Z02927572
                            Z02917010
                            Z02927570
                            Z02917011
                            Z02917013

to use this data in the next query I have to reformat to:

'Z02927572',
                            'Z02917010',
                            'Z02927570',
                            'Z02917011',
                            'Z02917013',

I can select as an insert or update then copy into excel then parse but it really is several extra steps.

Anyway to just copy the pre-formatted data?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi lctuck,

I am sorry that Navicat does not support your mentioned feature. Your request has been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

Working...
                              X