Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navicat as tool to roll out database structure changes to multiple production servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navicat as tool to roll out database structure changes to multiple production servers

Dear Forum Members,

I like the tool Navicat for mySQL and it almost solves my current problem .... almost.

I would like to use this tool to roll our database structure changes from a development system
    to multiple remote production servers.

While this is possible with Navicat in general, in practice it becomes a bit unhandy.

I would love to set up a batch file of commands to do this but while the cloning of the database including
    the data seems to be possible, it is not for the structure alone.

I would really love to have this feature integrated into Navicat and think, it should be pretty easy to implement.

Please keep me posted on this matter!

Kind regards

Wuppu

Hi Wuppu,

Do you mean synchronizing structures automatically (setting schedule to run the structure synchronization)? If yes, I am sorry that Navicat does not support this featutre at this moment. This reuqest is already in our development list. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

Not at all! I would like to set up a command-line batch file in which I specify one structure sync to a remote server per line.
      Automatic sync of a structure is nothing I would like to have as this might happen just during a development cycle.

If a command line call for a structure sync is not available at this time, would you have any idea when this would be available?

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I am sorry that Navicat does not support your mentioned feature and we could not provide any time frame at this moment. However, for sure we will contact you if any progress is made.

Comment

Working...
        X