Remember freeze columns, Export 1 record, & Copy as - with vertical format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember freeze columns, Export 1 record, & Copy as - with vertical format

Thank you for an awesome tool. I love Navicat for MySQL!

3 things that would be helpful...

1) Remember the Freeze columns when set for a table. If I freeze 3 columns for a table, it's kind of a drag to have to freeze them each time i open the table.

2) Export needs a 3rd option (to export the current record only). Many times, I just want to export 1 record. I'd rather not have to set a filter first.

3) The Copy as feature, would be nice if it had a "Copy single record in vertical format (with data and field names)", option. Right now, you only have horizontal format. Many times, I need to analyze a problem record, and to be able to print it out with all the data and any long text in a vertical format.

Thanks for considering these, and for a great tool.

Thanks for your suggestion. Would you please provide us your Navicat version? e.g. Navicat for MySQL (Mac OS X) 11.2.14

Comment

My version is: navicat for MySQL 11.2.13 (on windows 10)

Regarding my suggestion #3 above, I found that using Export to json format, and then printing the json from another program, gives me a vertical format I can use when I need to print a specific record with all it's data on a page.

I still think an additional option to Export just the "currently selected record" (so we don't have to set a filter first), would be helpful when you prompt to export "all records" or "current xxx records". Often times I just want to export a single record.

One more suggestion if I may, since the Export feature does not remember the output folder location you select, please consider adding a "Default Export folder" to the Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > Files Location settings. Right now, it always defaults to "Desktop".

Thanks again for your fantastic tool!

Comment

Thanks for your advice. You requests have been forwarded to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

Working...
        X