Possibility to save views that reference attached databases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility to save views that reference attached databases

I am able to attach a second database to a connection (right click on connection =>Attach Database...) and I really like
    the feature that I can create views that reference data from both databases:

SELECT
    main.MyTable.ID_Country,
    main.MyTable.Y2000,
    second.ID_Country.Name_English
    FROM
    main.MyTable
    INNER JOIN second.ID_Country ON second.ID_Country.ID = main.MyTable.ID_Country

However, I am not able to save such a "multi-database-view" with the connection.
    If I try to save the view, I am asked for a name and afterwards I get following error message:

view "MyView" cannot reference objects in database second

I understand that it would be a bad idea to save such a view with a single database, because
    the view might not work for other connections that access that individual database.

=>Please allow to save views with the database connection to be able to reuse such "multi-database-views".

(It might also be helpful to be able to import and export several views to/from a text file.)

I use Navicat for SQLite 12.0.29

Please note that SQLite does not support your mentioned feature.

We will keep improving Navicat in future. hanks for your advice.

Comment

Thanks. (I was not aware that attaching databases is also an SQLite feature)

Related SO-Question:
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...iple-databases

Well, it would still be possible to save the temporary views with the "Navicat part" of the connection
      somewhere in

C:\Users\XYs\Documents\Navicat\SQLite\Servers

However, I can understand if that would break with your existing way of doing things and
      that you only want to support direct SQLite features.
      Last edited by eis; 07-19-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X