Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many features request (trying to migrate from another tool)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many features request (trying to migrate from another tool)

I tested Navicat v11 sometime ago, and now I tested v12, still missing the same features.

0) Import project from another format (ERwin, OpenModelSphere, etc.), since I need to migrate from another tool, this would make the life a lot easier for people to migrate to Navicat;
    1) Different types of autolayout: side-by-side, circle around main/selected table, etc.;
    - Sometimes you can group the tables in a different manner for better viewing;
    2) Should break the relations lines automagically in 90ยบ turns instead of direct line, so you can autolayout and then do small adjustment to the layout;
    - Currently the autolayout uses a lot of pages, too many pages to print, hard to navigate;
    3) Automagically expand/collapse dimensions when object is at the edge of the pages, makes life easier;
    4) Middle click the diagram to easily scroll it;
    - Easier to navigate then using the overview;
    5) Mass export selected diagrams to pdf/png/jpg instead of one by one;
    - I have many diagrams;
    6) When adding a foreign key between tables automagically create the columns PK columns in the destination table:
    - This would make life a lot easier;
    - Drag the link from one table to the other;
    - Create the columns in the destination table based of the PK columns from the source table;
    - Fill in the constraint based on PK columns;
    7) Detected renaming when synchronizing the changes;
    - if needed the user can edit it later;
    - Quite important in my opinion, when synchronizing it may drop a table with important data;
    - Depending on the database you can just use a function to rename the table;
    - Or "create, insert from old one, create constraints, etc.";
    - Also for columns;
    - Quite complicated feature, but would be awesome;
    8) Export synchronizing the changes to SQL file;
    - Sometimes I cannot connect to the database to apply it, so I just send the SQL to the client;
    9) Zoom to mouse (when holding control key);
    - Easier to zoom in/out on big diagrams;
    - Just like GoogleMaps behavior, when you zoom in use the current mouse position as center;
    - When you have many diagrams navigating needs a help;
    10) Quick menu for tabs by the tab scrolling buttons like a drop list;
    11) Syncronize to Database windows should be maximizable and remember its size, position and others attributes;
    - Also need multiple select and hitting space bar is only checking one item in the SQL list;
    12) The same check constraints are often used in different fields on many tables, should generalize this;
    - Annoying to have to copy the check constraint code from one place to the other;
    - Example, we have a check constraint like this that is used in many places: (Y)es, (N)o, (I)ndifferent
    13) Multiple selection in "Import from Database" dialog;
    14) post-script and pre-script (overall and per table) when doing database stuff:
    - Want to migrate data from mysql to mssql, but I need to execute a command (SET IDENTITY_INSERT)

Really like Navicat, it is fast and easy to apply changes most of the time.

Hi sergiostr,

I have forwarded your request to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

For 8). currently, you can select all the queries by CTRL+A in the Synchronize to Database window and press CTRL+C to copy all queries.

For 13), could you please describe more which part you want to multiple select in "Import from Database" dialog?

For 14), do you mean the Data Transfer feature?

Comment

Originally posted by mayho View Post
      Hi sergiostr,

I have forwarded your request to our development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

For 8). currently, you can select all the queries by CTRL+A in the Synchronize to Database window and press CTRL+C to copy all queries.

For 13), could you please describe more which part you want to multiple select in "Import from Database" dialog?

For 14), do you mean the Data Transfer feature?
      Thank you for your attention! Much appreciate it!

13) In the treeview you can only select (not talking about check/uncheck) one item at a time, change it so you can press space bar to check/uncheck all the selected items would make life easier.

14) Yes, but not only for Data Transfer I guess, but everywhere would be interesting so you can disable constraints, indexes updating or do whatever you need in the script.

Comment

Hi sergiostr,

Thanks for the explanation. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

Working...
        X