Easy navigation between tables with relations / foreign keys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy navigation between tables with relations / foreign keys

I'm working with Navicat for MySQL for years and I'm still missing a basic feature.
    It would be very time saving to have an easy way of "jumping" from an ID to its related record in another table or backwards.

Imagine one table for employees and another one holding work times of every employee and one for holidays.
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could click onto the "employee" column in the work times table and Navicat would instantly open a filtered view of the employees table, just displaying the one you clicked on?
    The other way around would be to click on the employees id in the employees table and see a list of all related tables (if multiple ones available). In this example this would be "work times" and "holidays". Select "holidays" and suddenly Navicat opens a filtered view of the holidays table, filtered for the employee you just clicked.

This would be a really great feature that would make digging for some specific data a lot easier!

Hi DaveTalamona,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded your request to the development team. We will keep improving Navicat in future.

Comment

Working...
    X