Install Latest Version on OS X not Working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Latest Version on OS X not Working

I've been using Navicat for MySQL Lite on OS X for a few years. I decided to evaluate the latest version, mainly for the graphical query building capability it offers. I installed it from navicat111_mysql_en.dmg and now neither version works properly. MySQL is definitely running and I can connect to it from the command line and from MySQL Workbench.

Within Navicat I can connect to MySQL using New Connection -> Test Connection but clicking OK does not appear to save the connection. I say appear to save it because 1) the connection isn't active as far as the application is concerned, but 2) I can see the connection I attempted to save in the Export Connections window. I can also see these named connections in Tools -> Server Monitor.

I tried everything I could think of, including removing the Navicat for MySQL Lite application, along with it's associated folder in ~/Library/Application Support.

I similarly removed all traces of Navicat for MySQL and reinstalled. I've closed the application, deleted ~/Library/Application Support/PremiumSoft CyberTech/preference.plist, restarted, and these "phantom" connection reappear, albeit in unusable form.

I'm beginning to wonder if this product actually works on OS X. Can someone help me get this working?

Do you mean you are unable to see the saved connection in Navicat 11 main window? If yes, please check whether the connection tree is hidden or not. Choose View -> Show Connection Tree. If it is not checked, please enable it to see if it can solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X